Wednesday, July 12, 2017

The magical forest

          There I was back in 2012, reading the Master Key System. The one book who definitely nudged my life in a new direction. I started heading into a magical 'forest', were I became aware of power, of responsibility over how my life unfolds, and over my choices. 

Choices, yes -choices-, I was made aware of them.



Choice over when to talk, and when to be silent, for example. I noticed a great deal of people who don't choose over when to talk and when to be silent, it's a thing that happens outside of their conscious control.

Awareness of my own automatic processes, changing of habits and so on. Personal development. All of this happened really quickly like a recap of things that were right there all along, very natural to me. Then I became restless on the personal development path, and started longing for more sincerity and transparency, started longing for something that was more true to me, so the path of personal development transformed itself in to a spiritual path. 

In 2014 I was still deep in the forest, full of questions without answer, trying to understand and master myself. Religion was not the answer for me, beliefs were not the answer. I wanted to experiment and to know,  in contrast to believing. Although I came to appreciate the religious message, and find truth in most religions that I know of. I appreciate the message and the principles found in them to the degree that I realize them as being true for me. I have very little interest in the institutions of religion and the constrains and limitations that people attach to being part of such a group of a religious order, although I understand and respect their purpose.

Deep in the forest, disillusionment started happening. It was very painful. Because I had to learn and unlearn many things that once brought me comfort. Like a live surgery happening when you are fully awake, but this was taking place mentally and emotionally.
The same year I joined an online School of Esoteric Studies (this was a place were paradoxically,  religion and science were seen as twin sisters, and the great wound between them was healed) with the hope of gaining answers to many of my questions. In other words, I joined the school having a lot of expectations. The frustration and the pain of not knowing were very present because of this, but slowly and gradually they started transforming into understanding and patience, I started becoming comfortable with the great mystery of life and gaining patience in experimenting with it. 

In this particular school they were teaching many things, but the student was alone  in his understanding and totally responsible for it. Reading, meditating and service (to your family, to your community, to humanity, to our Planet and so on) were key points in the school.

Group consciousness was something that kept appearing in the school's teachings. I was interested in the subject, and asked many questions on the subject and did not received a satisfactory answer, partly because I wanted to experience this kind of awareness myself. Again, I wanted to realize the answer, not merely know it theoretically.

Fast forward to april 2017, were me and my better half chose to live in a house with 7 wonderful friends. This is were I am now starting to understand and experience this group consciousness. To willfully renounce some of my personal freedom and limitations, in order to experience the group freedom (and limitations). Learning to be aware of others needs, and extend my gratitude and pain to the group. In other words, becoming an extended family.

And there I was this morning, before going to work, asking the group "Who wants to participate with $ in buying a bike kit?". We all have bikes and might use such a kit, and one of us knows how to repair bikes. It's cheaper, easier to buy and use such a kit as a group, then as an individual. And so I remembered about the group consciousness, and how part of the story began.

And here I am further down the road, at the -Extended Family- part of the story.

I wish you well on your own path.



No comments:

Post a Comment